This gluten-free pizza crust is simple and versatile. You may add your favourite spices, make it savoury or sweet. Different topping options are possible. Allow plenty of time to soak the quinoa (12-24 hours) before making the crust. There are several benefits to soaking your quinoa.
Quinoa Dessert Pizza Crust with Miessence BerryRadical antioxidants
*Tip: You can easily soak a whole pack or bag of quinoa, make several crusts and freeze them for later use.
3 1/2 cups soaked organic quinoa (soak in water – 1 part dry quinoa, 3 parts water – and 2 tbsp of raw apple cider vinegar for 12 to 24 hours)
1/4 cup organic coconut flour
1/2 cup organic honey
1 tbsp organic Ceylon cinnamon
1/4 tsp Himalayan salt
1 tsp organic vanilla extract
2 tbsp organic coconut oil (more to oil parchment paper)
1/4 cup hot water (to melt coconut oil)
Suggested toppings: Raw organic almond butter, honey, BerryRadical antioxidants and your choice of fresh fruits.
1) Soak the quinoa in water and apple cider vinegar for 12 to 24 hours.
2) Thoroughly rinse the quinoa.
3) Preheat oven at 400 degrees.
4) In food processor or blender, incorporate all the ingredients for approximately 3 minutes.
5) Use a deep square pan to make personal size crusts (will make approx. 4 crusts). Cover pan with parchment paper.
6) Pour some of the mix (it will seem a bit liquid) approx. ¼ inch think.
7) Bake for 15 minutes, flip the crust and bake another 15 – 20 minutes, until golden brown.
8) Add topping when warm.
TIP: You can freeze the crusts until ready to use. Just warm it up in the oven or the toaster oven.
Created by Isabelle Gagnon-Birch