If you’ve ever had seaweed snacks, you know how addictive they can be! I often bought them, since my family and I eat them like they are going out of style. The only downside, the cheaper ones are made with GMO Canola oil or other GMO products, and the ones made with higher quality ingredients are expensive. This EASY recipes is a good way to control the quality of your ingredients and make them for much cheaper than the individual packs at the store.
Raw Nori Sheets (cut them in desired size – I usually cut the sushi size sheet in 4-6 pieces)
Sesame oil or olive oil (I prefer sesame oil since the strong flavour compliments the seaweed)
Optional: Wasabi powder to add some kick (do not roast the seaweed with the wasabi – it will burn)
1) Preheat oven at 325 degrees.
2) Cut the Nori sheets in desired size snack.
3) Lightly oil the Nori (with an oil pump and spray bottle or brush a light coating)
4) Sprinkle the Himalayan salt to desired saltiness.
5) Roast/ Bake for 5 minutes, turn and roast/ bake for another 5 minutes (10 minutes in total or until they turn dark green)
6) Optional: For some extra kick, make a wasabi paste (as you would with sushi). Lightly dip your seaweed snacks and enjoy!
Recipe created by Isabelle Gagnon-Birch